TrainingWe build strong operators.
Solve Healthcare is passionate about our clients. We build strong operators through patience and persistence. Our approach to training is simple- we can’t continue to grow our business if you are constantly dependent on us and you can never expect to reduce costs if you are hostage to our knowledge. So, we share our know-how and remain committed to support you over the long-term.
Our key to success is training based on proficiency. We recognize that not all users are the same, so we group super users with users that may be struggling to build strong outcomes.
Here are the different training settings we offer:
Some clients prefer for us to perform training onsite so that multiple staff members or departments can participate in group training sessions. Onsite training is particularly helpful in computer demonstrations and EHR/PM education. We provide all the necessary audio and visual equipment and host training at a location of your choosing. Our staff is always on time, courteous and patient with trainees.
Remote training can be just as effective as onsite training. We employ easy-to-use web tools that allow trainees to interact with one another, the trainer and software applications reviewed during training. Remote training saves time and money, requires far less coordination and can be recorded and archived for future use.
As the tabs show, we provide training in three different areas. While topics may remain consistent, training sessions, questions and answers might be unique. For this reason, Solve Healthcare offers clients customized training materials in the following formats:
- Recorded Sessions (Audio and Video Playback)
- Step-by-Step Instructional Video
- User Manuals (Digital and Print)
We offer training on technology topics most commonly used in the healthcare setting. Our clients report significant improvements in efficiency after educating staff on simple navigation and administration of technology. Here are the courses we offer:
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8 and Mac OS
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Networking Internet Usage: Adding and accessing network resources, navigation and best practices
For authorized personnel, we offer more advanced user administration courses to reduce IT costs:
- Microsoft Active Directory: Adding, removing and modifying users on Windows-based server environments
- Microsoft Permissions and Security: Configuring global security policies, folder access and Desktop experience
- Microsoft Windows Server Maintenance: Tutorials on performing routine maintenance, generating reports and auditing hardware
- Third-Party Applications: Installing, configuring and upgrading software
Workstations and Peripherals
We don’t recommend that our clients install or configure hardware components within the server environment, but we do believe that most users are capable of setting up user profiles on workstations and installing peripherals with little or no assistance from our Support Team:
- Desktop, Laptops and Tablets: Develop turnkey, customized scripts that can be easily rolled out when setting up new users or replacing a damaged computer
- Printers and Scanners: Learn to install scanner and printer drivers and calibrate these devices
- Apple iPhones and Android Devices: Setting up organization eMail, calendaring and HIPAA-compliant text messaging
In our experience, most clients don’t utilize most of the features provided for in these costly systems, resulting in frustration. Vendors don’t typically provide in-depth training and let’s face it, you don’t know what you don’t know. We work with clients to develop customized training programs around their specific EHR and Practice Management system. Here are some of the areas we can assist you to improve your experience and understanding:
- Registration and Billing: Train staff to capture as much data as possible during the check-in process. Use cameras and scanners to populate patient demographic profiles and find creative, comfortable methods to collecting co-pays and past due payments. Learn how to direct your patients to a Patient Portal and reduce workload at the front desk.
- Clinical Workflow: Discover new features in your EHR system and train Providers and clinicians to use templates and harness the power of voice solutions and reduce the amount of clicks.
- Reporting: The most underused components of EHR and PM systems are the reporting features. Use metrics to determine your healthcare organization’s performance, accountability and how to work towards your goals. Our trainers can show you how to configure dashboards, MU reporting and more.
These are just some examples of EHR/PM training programs. We can produce a specific training package based on your needs, too.
When new users are trained on new features or a workflow changes within the EHR/PM system, it is best practice to review the changes with all affected staff members. Often times, changes in clinical workflow can impact billing, or vice versa. Solve Healthcare recommends establishing a Change Management Committee to test, approve and oversee changes made to the system in order to maintain continuity and performance. We train clients on establishing a format, meeting structure and execution strategy to keep things running smoothly.
Here are some of the EHR and PM systems we’ve developed training programs for:
- Allscripts (Pro Suite and Enterprise)
Solve Healthcare’s turnkey online training platform makes it easy to train employees on HIPAA Security and Privacy rules. Our system even allows you to electronically distribute updated Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbooks and announcements to staff with just a few clicks, year after year. Here is how the system works:
Step 1: Clients are issued a customized URL with custom branding.
Step 2: Administrators complete a short questionnaire and register trainees using their eMail address.
Step 3: Select the training programs for each staff profile- employee, manager or Business Associate.
Step 4: eMails are sent to each trainee with secure access to complete the training online.
Step 5: Administrators can access a dashboard to view progress and completion.
- Automatic reminders are sent out to trainees
- Training can be performed anywhere, anytime
- Stipulate completion windows
- Download and print Compliance Handbook
- Print out Forms & Posters
- Administrative Safeguards
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- Policies and Procedures
- Omnibus Rule, Breach Notification, HITECH
- Patient Access
HIPAA for Business Associates
- Functions of a Business Associate
- Business Associate Agreements
- Administrative Safeguards
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- Breach Notifications
While you’re at it, train users on all OSHA and HR matters, too- using the same platform:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Effective Safe Patient Handling
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- General Safety
- Generating Referrals
- Hazard Communications
- Human Resources
- Patient Communication
- Regulated Waste
- Sexual Harrassment (for Employees and Managers)
- Understanding Red Flag Rules
Numbers Don’t Lie
Solve Healthcare is committed to making you successful. Our personalized and online training programs are effective and we have the results to prove it. A sampling of clients of all sizes, across different specialties and geographies produced the results you see here.
- Average Reduction in IT Support Requests 60%
- Average Cost Savings on IT Services 20%
- Average Improvement in Workflow 30%
- Average Time Savings on HIPAA/OSHA Training 50%
Computers, Smartphones and More
Remote or Live Training
Maximize Your Investment
Dramatically Reduce Time and Costs