App DevelopmentWe love ideas.
Solve Healthcare takes a keen interest in designing and deploying disruptive applications in healthcare. We’ve worked with many different individuals and companies to introduce new solutions to the exciting healthcare marketplace:
- Physicians: We’ve discovered that physicians produce some of the best ideas when it comes to apps. Too often, solutions that crowd healthcare lack the clinical and practical aspects to integration. Thus, software vendors struggle with adoption and usability. Physicians help to mitigate this challenge and our developers work closely with them to deliver a complete solution.
- Startups: Solve Healthcare understands that startups can benefit from additional resources and perspective. So, we help many small companies to validate, architect and program applications.
- Individuals: Due to the increased activity in healthcare, many individuals are dreaming up new app ideas. Most of the time, this comes from a patient experience or an observation. We want to help those not embedded in the healthcare industry with access to the right tools and guidance.
Market Research and Analysis
Before we begin working with a client, our technology experts thoroughly evaluate an idea, test a working demo (if available) or simply identify competing products. We want to be sure that our clients are not “reinventing the wheel” or struggling to take advantage of complimentary solutions or product drivers. We perform a thorough market analysis to determine:
- Technology: We look at the proposed or existing architecture of the app to see if it is flexible and scalable. We want to be sure that when the product is ready for delivery, that it is user-friendly, works with as many devices as possible and can be easily updated.
- Compliance: An important component of adoption is HIPAA compliance. We examine all apps for the proper security protocol and safeguards; this enables our clients to market an app as a fully-compliant product and builds consumer confidence.
- Marketplace: We determine how and where your app can be used in healthcare. To that end, we help you to understand the market impact and whom your target market should be.
- Timeline: Depending on the complexity of an application, we work with our clients to set realistic timelines for development, testing and going live.
If the client and Solve Healthcare determine that an app has strong potential, we begin developing or refining the software architecture of the product. Applications have many components, all of which need to be clearly documented. Here are some questions and answers that help illustrate the different scenarios:
I am not a technical person, can you help me to create technical documents?
This is a common occurrence for us. Technical documents and user guides are critical to building confidence in an app or securing investment. Our technical writers can prepare documentation that includes the following topics:
- Requirements: Statements that identify attributes, capabilities, characteristics, or qualities of the application. This is the foundation for what shall be or has been implemented.
- Design: Overview of software that includes relations to an environment and construction principles to be used in design of software components.
- Technical: Documentation of code, algorithms, interfaces, and APIs.
- User Guides: Manuals for the end users, system administrators and support staff.
I have the idea, but I don’t have a demo. Can you help me with this?
Absolutely. The first step in preparing a demo is to document the framework of the software. Our technical experts assist clients to write up and illustrate the programming and user interface of the application. Once we are in agreement about the final design, we begin to prepare a demo. Demos come in many forms:
- Whitepapers: Often times, we share an idea by producing literature that takes a user through the motions of installing and using the application.
- Videos: Putting together a visual short on your product can help users to quickly understand the technology and how it can be used.
- Functional Demos: Ideally, we want to produce a functional demo that can be used in real-time. However, this will depend on the complexity and logistics of your desired timeline and go-to-market plans.
Solve Healthcare’s App Development Team is well-versed in a number of programming languages. We can create and deploy applications on a variety of devices, including:
- Apple iOS: Our developers have extensive experience with the iOS Software Development Kit, versioning and qualification in the AppStore. Xcode provides for the most flexible graphical user interface development, updating and pathway to adoption. The HealthKit tools allow easy integration of medical devices, wearable technology and data exchange.
- Android: The Android operating system runs on a number of different manufacturer devices. Our team has the expertise to develop applications for different phones, utilizing the varying inputs and functions on a given device. Android recently introduced “Android Wear”, a wearable technology development kit, to encourage device integration and “Google Fit”, Google’s health data tracking service.
- Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone: Microsoft has several different programming languages. We are primarily focused on Windows-based applications and Windows Phone smartphone operating systems that utilize Visual Studio. We’ve worked to transform Windows-based programs into smartphone-capable applications. In addition, our App Development team has significant experience integrating third-party, Windows-based software solutions into electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- HTML5 and Java: Solve Healthcare can also design web-based applications. Sometimes, smartphone applications are better suited on a web platform that can be accessed through a smartphone’s browser. We have the technical skills to deliver mobile sites that provide a seamless user experience.
If you are interested in introducing an application that requires a programming language that is not listed, simply contact us by navigating to our Sales page and we can introduce you to a Partner that might be able to help.
Upon delivery of an application, some clients elect to seek out investors/partners, while others are prepared to make their applications available to consumers. Here is how we can assist clients in either scenario:
Presentation and Business Planning
Preparing your application for an investor presentation can be exciting and nerve-racking. Solve Healthcare’s Business Consultants can assist clients to prepare powerful presentations that include:
- Business Planning: Investors and partners will expect a thoughtful business plan before they get behind your idea. Our team knows what these requirements are, how to present them effectively and engage in an invaluable business planning exercise with our clients that will benefit them over the long-term. We outline history, use cases, objectives and set realistic goals.
- Technical Details: Performing a technology validation pays its dividends when attempting to educate potential investors on the uniqueness and viability of your product. Our technical team can augment you to answer the hard questions about design, administration and functionality.
- Financial Modeling: Forecasting and financial outlooks will be at the center of your business proposition. Investors and partners want to know that their investment will pay off and we can assist you to prove your model.
- Market and Growth Strategies: Many investors are unfamiliar with the healthcare market and thus will need to understand the opportunity. Providing detailed metrics, target initiatives and market impact are critical to a strong presentation.
We can also provide qualified clients access to our wide network of top investment firms and venture capitalists. Visit our Business Consulting page for more information.
Application Piloting Submission
Solve Healthcare’s network of valued clients participate in pilot programs to test new technology and provide feedback to entrepreneurs. We work with you to determine where your technology fits best and identify clients that might be interested in collaborating with us to produce a case study.
Our App Development Team will work closely with you to deliver your ideas to online marketplaces (ex. Apple AppStore, Android Marketplace, etc.). We know our way around these systems and can avoid delays, guide you to limit liability and keep track of your application.
Client Test Environments
Design and Programming
Smartphones and Desktop Applications
Healthcare App Experts
Planning and Delivery
Strong Investor Network
Monetize Your App Ideas